We offer you the opportunity to lead our data privacy activities on a strategic level along the execution of our EMENA commercial strategy and the next steps of LIXIL’s globalisation strategy.
As Leader, Data Protection, LIXIL EMENA, you will be responsible for managing and developing our EMENA privacy organisation from our EMENA Corporate Headquarter in Dusseldorf, and for continuously improving the EMENA wide implementation of our global data protection management system. As a business partner to more than 50 legal entities and our EMENA Headquarters functions, you will be closely connected to our organisation when further strengthening our accountability by driving implementation, digitization and automation of our privacy procedures.
You will act as main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, such as our Executive Teams, Legal & Compliance function, GRC, Corporate Audit and IT, including regulatory authorities across EMENA.
You will be directly reporting to the Leader, Global Data Privacy, LIXIL, with dotted reporting line to the General Counsel, LIXIL EMENA.
- Leading the regional Privacy Office and the team of Privacy Coordinators, as well as the network of external partners, along with respective budget responsibility
- Planning and executing measures to further strengthen the EMENA data protection management system, coordinating EMENA wide privacy projects, and overseeing the execution of the privacy program across EMENA
- Facilitating privacy risk assessment processes in EMENA to identify and provide recommendations to address potential privacy risks
- Developing, overseeing and leading our data privacy awareness and training program
- Strengthening EMENA privacy governance program, including design, execution and reporting of governance activities
- Providing guidance on legal and technical privacy matters to management, regions and project teams, while anticipating relevant developments in privacy legislation in a timely manner
- Reporting to global and EMENA stakeholders on the status and progress of the data privacy program and legislations, and promptly escalate on privacy issues as necessary
- Taking an active part within the Global privacy centre of excellence, to further drive and strengthen our global privacy management
- Minimum 8 years of leadership experience in implementing and managing data protection management systems in an international context across multiple jurisdictions
- Academic legal degree
- Expertise in data protection regimes beyond GDPR with relevance for EMENA (Russia, Middle East, Africa) desirable
- Relevant certifications such as CIPP/E, CIPM
- Strong technical expertise in terms of privacy related information security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong IT skills in standard applications, Atlassian Suite, as well as experience with Privacy Management Software
- Attractive remuneration in line with the market, considering professional experience and responsibilities
- An international team of experts to inspire you and to learn from, with opportunities for your personal development on a global scale
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive individual induction programme
- Use of our wide-ranged employee offers (discounts travel, fashion, media, etc.)
- Attractive location in a central position in the state capital of Düsseldorf with immediate proximity to the Rhine
- Company restaurant and free use of our in-house gym
Are we on the same wavelength? Then we are looking forward to your application!
Mr. Tareq Naschar