In the past years, GROHE has evolved from a mere hardware manufacturer into a driving force of digital transformation within the sanitary industry, offering Smart Home and Internet of Things (IoT) products. Within the Lixil Group multiple teams around the world are working on exciting projects to create new value propositions and business models based on IoT, Big Data and AI.
The SenseGuard Team based in Düsseldorf is an independent corporate startup within the Lixil Group. The international team is working on water security solutions around the smart water controller GROHE Sense Guard, helping Insurance Companies to reduce water damage costs and shifting their business model from claim management to damage prevention. In the last years the team secured a place amongst the Top 100 Insurtechs in the Digital Insurance Agenda.
As Product Owner (m/f/d) for our Prevention-as-a-Service Product at SenseGuard you ensure that we build the best customer experience and service platform that enables us to scale our business. Together with your cross-functional product team of Scrum Master, UX/UI designer, frontend, and backend developers you discover and deliver end-user, field, and after-sales service experiences that make the journey as smooth as possible for our customers. This makes you a key player in building our sustainable prevention business.
In close collaboration with your team members, your main responsibilities will be:
- Closely working together with our Operations Team
- Building a profound understanding of our end-to-end service and its key stakeholders
- Representing this view in your team’s decisions and priorities
- Engaging with customers and field service to form hypotheses about their needs, desires, and pain points
- Devising experiments to test hypotheses and rapidly iterating to discover the best solutions
- Prioritizing your team’s focus from larger opportunities to the work on a weekly basis
- Defining and tracking success metrics to relentlessly measure if your team is creating value for our customers and business
- Closely collaborating with other Product Teams, Operations, Management, and business partners
- You help developing Junior Product Owners
You have a proven track record as a product owner in building digital products
- You have worked in a cross-functional team where you applied agile methods for planning, testing, and collaboration
- You enjoy engaging with customers and field service agents to learn about their needs, desires and pain points
- You take ownership and get things done
- You combine a strong analytical mind and a structured approach in everything you do with the ability to make pragmatic decisions when data is puzzling
- You think like an entrepreneur and always consider both customer and business impact of your decisions
- You can explain and discuss complex topics in excellent English
- You have worked in a fast-scaling startup or even founded your own company
- You have worked in an IoT company and are familiar with building apps & services that leverage connected consumer devices
- You have worked in a service company and are familiar with building apps & services that include remote and onsite services
- Competitive compensation package
- Work remotely from wherever you have a fast internet connection or meet with colleagues in our Düsseldorf office. We care about your contribution, not your location.
- Grow your career in an agile, innovative, and open-minded working atmosphere with highly skilled and motivated colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Team development budget for training, courses, coaching, conferences, books, etc.
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Access to GROHE gym and showers for bike-commuters
- Company-wide events and regular BBQ get-togethers at the Rhine, just a few meters away from the office
- Be part of a fast-growing and cutting-edge company that makes a positive impact in the world
If you want to know more about our products and services check out senseguard.com or the GROHE Sense page on LinkedIn. And if you want to get a feeling of what kind of product development environment we aim to create, we recommend you read the following books: Inspired (Marty Cagan), The Lean Startup (Eric Ries) & Sprint (Jake Knapp)
Interested? Then we are looking forward to your application.
Mr. Tareq Naschar