This is a SATO (part of LIXIL) position and a global role.
The Location is flexible with a preference for London.
Reports to the Leader, Global Marketing Communications, SATO.
Created in 2012 with the aim to tackle the global sanitation challenge, SATO is an award-winning social business with the purpose to offer everyone in the world a better everyday life and a brighter future through innovative sanitation and hygiene solutions. We do this by offering aspirational, and affordable sanitation and hygiene solutions for a safer, and more pleasant toilet and hygiene experience. Our aim is to improve the lives of 100 million people by 2025. We have impacted more than 25 million lives since inception and have produced and shipped over 5.1 million units across 41 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
LIXIL, a large multinational maker of water and housing technology, has a core purpose to make better homes a reality for everyone, everywhere. SATO, a brand of LIXIL, offers an affordable and aspirational line of sanitation and hygiene solutions for communities without access to sewers or basic sanitation. SATO’s toilet solutions are differentiated from other, traditional ceramic providers for solutions for pit latrines by its innovative trap-door design, lightweight material, and focus on availability in the most underserved communities. SATO is uniquely positioned to deliver appropriate sanitation and hygiene solutions to underserved communities, leveraging LIXIL’s investment and SATO’s network of existing multilateral, and public and private sector partners.
SATO is entering a period of growth, building on LIXIL and partners’ existing investments to accelerate the systematic identification, understanding, and removal of barriers to increased demand and supply availability for sanitation and hygiene solutions. SATO’s product diversification, investment in more manufacturing partners, and awareness-building activities will increase the understanding of demand and increase the ability to scale and reach more geographic areas, and therefore more people, in a sustainable way.
We look forward to welcoming new colleagues to support SATO’s growth and expansion. These roles, initially to be hired as independent contractors for the immediate future, will directly ensure the successful execution of important partnerships, and will bring new expertise and contributions to enable SATO to better fulfill its social business mission and further its goals of making innovative sanitation and hygiene solutions available for all.
About LIXIL: SATO is a brand of LIXIL, a maker of pioneering water and housing products that solve every day, real-life challenges, making better homes a reality for everyone, everywhere. We realize our purpose through our portfolio of the industry's most trusted brands, including INAX, GROHE, American Standard, and TOSTEM. The company is present in 150 countries and employs approximately 55,000 people worldwide. We are proud that our products touch the lives of more than a billion people every day.
Purpose of the job
To position SATO as an innovative, customer-centric and award-winning global brand that wins minds and hearts and transform lives whilst supporting revenue creation for long-term success.
Key objectives and responsibilities:
- Grow SATO as a strong global brand
- Raise brand awareness across key personas and attain incremental reach in global markets.
- Build on the branding work underway, refine the narrative and the visual expression of the brand.
- Create and communicate brand guidelines and tone of voice.
- Create campaigns to communicate the new brand internally and externally.
- Conduct periodic brand scans and develop a brand awareness tracking system.
- Ensure brand and messaging are consistent across all markets.
- Plan and execute calendar of global campaigns. Work closely with marketing and business leaders in each region to ensure brand narrative and expression are consistent.
- Build thought leadership and trust through robust content
- Based on our expertise and unique position in the industry, create strategies and tactics to offer guidance, provide perspectives, inspire innovation, and influence others.
- Develop content strategy and manage global communication channels, including social media, newsletter, reports, and other publications.
- Take full ownership of the website content creation and updates
- Act as the main focal point for the digital/PR agencies, providing direction and working as part of a team.
- Work with partnership with marketing leaders and business leaders across all regions to develop stories and best practices.
- Develop case studies and videos featuring results and experiences.
- Write and commission op-eds for the CEO and the Leadership Team.
- Suggest, plan, and execute calendar of speaking engagements and awards submission.
- Suggest, plan, and execute calendar of global events.
- Activate global demand
- Create and run lead generation campaigns driving global sales and market expansion.
- Create and run product launch campaigns.
- Create and distribute global product and partner’s tool kit (imagery, pre-approved copy, videos).
- Unlock the full marketing/communications potential of each one of our existing partnerships,developing cross-marketing agreements with global partners.
- Suggest, plan, and execute campaigns with existing and new partners, defining calendar of milestones that will lead to 360 comms campaigns.
- Work with the Partnerships team to access consumer feedback and insights.
- Add value to LIXIL
- Suggest, plan, and execute purpose-led campaigns in association with LIXIL brands, and Corporate Communications.
- Develop narrative and SATO kit for brands that want to communicate the work we do.
- Help strengthen sense of purpose and employee pride across LIXIL.
- Develop and execute a consistent content plan for internal communications via Workplace.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or relevant field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least seven years industry experience in Marketing and Communications.
- Creative content generation skills.
- Experience working internationally, across multiple cultures, languages, countries/regions, and time zones on a global virtual team. Highly developed cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Growth mindset, with demonstrated experience developing global brands.
- Global and strategic thinker, capable of turning business objectives into measurable marketing and communications initiatives.
- Customer-centric and results-oriented with previous experience in consumer brands.
- Start-up experience would be a plus.
- Demonstrated 360 communications experience with the ability to run integrated campaigns.
- Excellent track record of creating and managing digital campaigns with demonstrated results.
- Experience creating content strategies and producing op-eds, press releases, publications, and other communications materials.
- Impeccable writing skills in English
- Experience with website content management, ideally WordPress.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to articulate thoughts with clear logic.
- Confident speaker with excellent oral presentation skills.
- Experience coordinating online and offline events.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Video and photo creation/editing experience with the use of Adobe products or other software a big plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex corporate environment, adhering to compliance and approval procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and influence people internally and externally whilst working remotely.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to run several projects at the same time, prioritize workload, and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones at odd hours as necessary.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for up to 25% when it is safe to do so.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and positive with a can-do attitude
- Proactive, self-starter, resourceful, and eager to make a difference
- Structured, analytical, and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, and resilient
- Able to remain calm under pressure
Then we are looking forward to your application!*
Mr. Tareq Naschar
*To process your request, your application will be consequently submitted to the Recruitment Department of SATO.