- Maintain and ensure accurate analysis and reporting of inventory.
- Calculate and analyze inventory reserves and valuation.
- Reconcile perpetual inventory on a monthly and annual basis.
- Perform cycle counting and yearly physical count.
- Analyze product cost BOM/Routing.
- Provide cost center planning on an annual basis.
- Assists in developing budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze overhead, cost of sales, manufacturing variances and actual manufacturing costs compared to budget, forecast and prior periods. Prepares periodic reports,comparing standard costs to actual production costs, and reports factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Develop standard costs for products and maintain the standard cost system.
- Supports analysis of price/volume/mix.
- Support the Manufacturing/Operations departments with various analyses.
- Assist in developing simple and effective tools for real time analysis of site spend, manufacturing variance and inventory trends.
- Assist in providing schedules and supporting documentation as a part of year-end audit.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing process.
- Prepare monthly financial reports reconciliations.
- Assist with process improvements related to inventory, manufacturing operations and cost of sales.
Skills & Qualification:
- A minimum of 4-7 years of experience in cost accounting, with a background in manufacturing.
Bachelor's degree in in Accounting or Finance is required. CPD is preferred.
- Advanced competency in Excel (VLOOKUPS, Pivot Tables, etc.) and the ability to use Outlook, Power point and Word.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Strong background in inventory accounting and standard cost systems.
- The ability to work independently and to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
- Work effectively under high pressure environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization.