Job Purpose :
To support accounts receivable / payable functions within the UK effectively and efficiently, ensuring that assets and liabilities are recorded correctly. To support the collection of any outstanding monies within set payment terms and ensuring that cash targets are met. To support payment of suppliers and employees in a timely manner. To review & improve department processes.
Job Responsibilities and Major Activities:
- Support posting banking transactions on a daily basis (receipts and payments).
- Support for completing Bank reconciliation for the £, € and high interest accounts on a monthly basis, informing line manager of any issues.
- Process all manual cheque requests as required, ensuring that the request has been properly authorised and coded, therefore eliminating the chance of duplicate payment or fraud.
- Ensure debts are collected within specified terms to enable the company cash targets to be met.
- Allocate receipts to customer accounts when required; this must be maintained regularly to ensure receivable ledger is up to date.
- Report all pricing and delivery queries to the relevant area to ensure prompt action is taken, maintaining a clean receivable ledger. Also taking proactive measures to prevent re-occurrences of queries where possible.
- Action customer queries where required for a swift resolution, to avoid delayed receipts.
- Monitor ledgers on an ongoing basis to ensure that overdue customers are contacted as and when they fall due by means of telephone, e-mail or letter.
- Process customer credit notes, including checking, attaining relevant backup and obtaining appropriate authorisations.
- Distribute excel & pdf statements from SAP to all customers so that any queries can be brought to the company’s attention as early as possible.
- Set up new customer accounts on SAP ensuring that the complete information is obtained and entered.
- Reviewing customer credit status, to ensure minimal risk to the business.
- Assist processing of AP invoices, ensuring all costs as well as VAT is correctly coded and authorised.
- Support processing employee expenses in Concur.
- To undertake any other duties, which may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
- Review and advise where improvements can be made to process, to achieve a best practice, which must adhere to Group guidelines
- To act as an ambassador for GROHE UK at all times and to ensure that Group values are upheld to both external and internal contacts, through appropriate behaviour and performance.