In the past years, GROHE has evolved from a mere hardware manufacturer into a driving force of digital transformation within the sanitary industry, offering Smart Home and Internet of Things (IoT) products. Within the Lixil Group multiple teams around the world are working on exciting projects to create new value propositions and business models based on IoT, Big Data and AI.
The Sense Guard Team based in Düsseldorf is an independent corporate startup within the Lixil Group. The international team is working on water security solutions around the smart water controller GROHE Sense Guard, helping Insurance companies to reduce water damage costs and shifting their business model from claim management to damage prevention. In 2018 & 2019 the team secured a place among the Top 100 Insurtechs in the Digital Insurance Agenda.
To drive the further development of our product portfolio we are currently searching for a:
Leader, Product Engineering & Operations Sense Guard, LIXIL EMENA (m/f/d)
- In this role you are responsible for the whole development and manufacturing process of our IoT Hardware
- Starting from an initial requirement analysis and sketching of potential solutions, towards target costing, defining hardware architectures and industrialization of the products.
- In your responsibility to steer and align internal & external development and manufacturing partners you are supported by cross functional project teams including product management, cloud and data engineers.
- You support the QA team on product issues and liaise with vendors/partners as required to resolve them.
- You stay current with technologies and trends especially on IoT, Connectivity and Water related technologies. You support on defining the technology strategy and incorporate your knowledge into our products and solutions to solve customer problems.
- You have an electrical engineering or similar background
- You have >5 years of experience in product development, ideally IoT devices and manufacturing
- You have solid project management skills and a proven track record in managing development and manufacturing partners
- Your comfort zone on dealing with complex requirements start where others’ comfort zones end
- You have a can-do attitude and get things done
- You work customer centric
- You have backbone and will strive to get the best solutions implemented
- You love to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- You like to look at the big picture and connecting the dots but also bring the ability to dive deep and get to the bottom of problems
- You have strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- You have a genuine interest in technology and an on-going desire to learn
- English is mandatory, German an advantage
If you want to know more about our products check out www.grohe-sense.com und if you want to get a feeling what kind of product development environment we aim to create, we recommend you to read the following books: Inspired (Marty Cagan), The Lean Startup (Eric Ries) & Sprint (Jake Knapp)
Then we are looking forward to your application. For queries and further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.