Do you want to be a part of the strongest team in the industry? Do you want a challenging student position that will develop your skill set? How do you feel about earths most precious resource – Water?
GROHE is a fortune 500 company and the only fortune company in the sanitary industry out to change the world to the better with smart products and clear CSR-strategy. We operate in an industry where standards and procedures have been the same for decades. At GROHE we see it as our task to challenge the status quo. To do this we need the best people working for us, and maybe that is you!
IF you would like to work for a company, that aims to not just provide a consumer product, but also the entire experience of using our product, while taking every step to preserve and care for the environment we all share, then GROHE could be the place for you.
Our student employees are one of our most important assets, and we see it as our mission to develop you to become the future employees of GROHE. A student position at GROHE comes with much responsibility and freedom. For those that show the right attitude, this can lead to a potentially full-time job after the university.
This open student position in particular, specifically targets the international construction and building industry. Entailing not only our end technical customer, the installer, but endorser target groups like: investors/financiers, construction companies, architects, engineers, interior designers, contractors and facility operators.
The Project Support function covers eight countries in the Nordic & Baltic geographical area.
You, the potential candidate, is going to work closely with our national project managers creating larger sales opportunities by getting our products specified in hotels, schools, hospitals, cruise liners and larger apartment buildings etc. Our project department is active in the early project phase generating new potential leads that create sales opportunities.
Furthermore, as a team, we actively develop suitable product specification, proposed solutions, close the deal and lastly secure a satisfactory delivery. We evaluate and continually drive the project business by improving processes, tools and activities. We work internationally and with all departments, and as such there is ample opportunity to form connections with other departments both in the Nordic and Baltic but in the Global headquarter in Düsseldorf, Germany.
We are currently looking for a colleague for our team.
The team consist of one regional Project Support Manager, one Project Support Assistant and eight National Project Managers divided in the region. We are looking for a replacement for our Project Support Assistant, who is pursuing opportunities outside of GROHE. The new assistant should be interested in working with the following areas:
- Sales and marketing coordination.
- Update CRM account and project opportunity data.
- Monthly sales report and collateral materials to sales meetings.
- Support with implementation of new Salesforce CRM during mid-2021.
- Market research / identify new potential leads.
- Involvement in project channel related events as e.g. Stockholm Furniture Fair or Nordbygg.
The ideal candidate:
- You are a university student with relevant study area within IT administration, industrial
- Engineering, Business or Marketing or similar.
- You have at least two years left, for instance first year master student or third year bachelor.
- You can take responsibility for your work areas and work independently but also as a part of teams.
- You are curious and aren’t afraid to express your own ideas and suggestions for possible improvements.
- You have previous experience with Excel and have a basic understanding of formulas and handling large scale data.
- You are able to communicate in Scandinavian language and English at a professional level. German proficiency is a plus.
- If you are experienced with CRM systems in general, ideally SAP or Salesforce in specific – this would be seen as an advantage.
- You are used to a sales-oriented environment with many priorities and high tempo.
- You are patient, flexible and a great communicator.
Do you want to be a part of the team?
Send your CV and application before January 22nd, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Nordic Project Support Manager, Jakob Redlund by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or cell +45 60 38 69 88.