The Product Manager is responsible for creating and managing the optimal product assortment for the Belux region. He/she proactively advises on the price positioning of existing and new products. The Product Manager takes care of the communication of prices to the various parties concerned (stakeholders). He/she makes sales forecasts and proactively adapts them. The Product Manager is also responsible for the analysis of internal and external data in terms of customers, categories and distribution channels. He/she focuses on new product introductions and proactively helps with the marketing activations (e.g. commercial, price repositioning). The Product Manager supports Marketing and Sales colleagues in meeting the annual targets (revenue, profits, market share).
- Creating the foundations of the Annual Operational Plan (AOP) at the Product level.
- The creation and management of the optimal product assortment for all sales channels in the Belux region, considering also market developments and the resulting market needs.
- The timely and accurate communication of complete technical and commercial information regarding existing and new products. Precise implementation of this information with internal and external stakeholders following defined procedures.
- Advising proactively the price positioning of existing and new products in correlation with market developments (including competition).
- The on-time communication of prices to internal and external stakeholders according to defined procedures.
- The adoption of sales forecasts for all products according to the defined procedure. Proactive analysing and communicating of differences between forecasts and actual figures and adaptation of forecasts if necessary.
- Collaborate in the definition, preparation and advice on commercial activations and KAM.
- Writing technical and commercial information for all internal and external channels on training materials for product and price information, this in close collaboration with the Product Trainer.
- Proactively maintain and develop a good customer relationship to support the development of optimal business relationships.
- Analysis of available internal and external data on customers (direct and indirect), distribution categories and channels, and proactive proposal of action plans.
- Analysis of available internal and external data on the results of campaigns and product introductions and the proactive proposal of action plans.
- Active participation and contribution in the achievement of annual targets (revenue, profits, market share) across the various distribution channels.
- Monitoring and managing the implementation of projects and the product database introduced by large customers in the Belux region (ETIM/GS1).
The operational and consulting tasks mentioned are carried out independently. Defined tasks are in defined frameworks of a varied nature. The list of responsibilities is indicative but not restrictive. The employee is directly responsible for the proper performance of the tasks and results reported.
The employee reports directly to the Leader, Marketing Benelux, LIXIL EMENA. The employee also works closely with the Regional Product Manager Benelux. The employee participates in team meetings as well as international meetings. The employee ensures optimal internal communication with the different departments within the company, and with our Head Office in Germany.
In order to ensure a good functioning in this function, the Product Manager needs to be:
result orientated, a good communicator, an analytical mind, and a commercial attitude. On top of that, the ability to work independently, an interest in the product, team spirit and a conscientious mind are of great importance. Good knowledge of French, Dutch and English are indispensable.