In the past years, Grohe has evolved from a mere hardware manufacturer into a driving force of digital transformation within the sanitary industry, offering Smart Home and Internet of Things (IoT) products. Within the Lixil Group, multiple teams around the world are working on exciting projects to create new value propositions and business models based on IoT, Big Data and AI.
SenseGuard GmbH based in Düsseldorf is an independent corporate startup within the Lixil Group. The international team is working on water security solutions around the smart water controller GROHE Sense Guard, helping insurance companies to reduce water damage costs and shifting their business model from claim management to damage prevention. In 2018 & 2019, the team secured a place among the Top 100 Insurtechs in the Digital Insurance Agenda.
To drive the further development of our product and service portfolio, we are currently searching for an Embedded Software Engineer IoT (m/f/d).
- In this role, you are responsible for the firmware development for our IoT products,
- You work in a cross functional project team,
- You coordinate external development partners,
- You support the QA team on product issues and liaise with vendors/partners as required to resolve them,
- You stay current with technologies and trends especially on IoT and Connectivity,
- You support the definition of the technology strategy and incorporate your knowledge into our products and solutions to solve customer problems
- You have a degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar
- You have a first professional experience in product development, ideally IoT device engineering
- You are proficient in C/C++ software development for the freeRTOS, OTA updates and MQTT protocol
- You have a can-do attitude and get things done
- You work customer centrically
- You have a genuine interest in technology and an on-going desire to learn
- English is mandatory, German an advantage
We´re the perfect match, if...
- Your job is your passion and you feel "Pure Freude an Wasser" just like us
- Your comfort zone on dealing with complex requirements begins where the comfort zones of others end
- You love to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and international team
- Attractive non-tariff remuneration in line with market conditions and a performance-related bonus payout
- Individual development based on the concepts of our Master Academy
- Use of our diverse employee offers
- Attractive location in the state capital Düsseldorf with direct proximity to the Rhine
The position is initially limited to 2 years.
If you want to know more about our products, check out www.grohe-sense.com.
If you want to get a feeling of the kind of product development environment we aim to create, we recommend you to read the following books: Inspired (Marty Cagan), The Lean Startup (Eric Ries), and Sprint (Jake Knapp).
Are we on the same wavelength? Then apply now!
We are looking forward to your application!