Strong understanding of patent law, patent processes, hands on mentality and forward thinking with good knowledge in how to build, maintain and defend a technical IP portfolio are key.
- has responsibility for consulting LIXIL in patenting and other related IP matters.
- has responsibility for and drives complex patent prosecution and opposition/appeal proceedings by instructing multiple patent attorneys in law firms across the globe.
- has responsibility to obtain the broadest patent protection for LIXIL´s IP in all relevant jurisdiction.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement patent strategies for products and services of LIXIL
- Drafting and filing of patent applications
- Prosecuting patent cases at the European Patent Office, German Patent Office and other patent offices, i. e. responding to office actions, assessing citations, amending claims so that optimal protection is secured for LIXIL inventions
- Defending LIXIL patents against third party oppositions / appeals
- Counseling inventors and staff in all aspects of technical IP
- Closely interacting with the various R&D development teams to early pick up inventions and to safeguard FTO for LIXIL projects, with a special focus on R&D performed at the Hemer site
- Supporting in matters involving IP contracts
- Securing freedom to operate for LIXIL EMENA’s products and services
- Assessing third party IP, preparing patent opinions, and filing of oppositions / appeals in conjunction with R&D specialists and external patent attorneys
- Supporting a global approach to protect LIXIL against third party IP
- Providing input on patent strategies of major competitors and strategic alliances
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor`s degree in engineering, science or IT, PhD/doctorate preferred
- Qualified European Patent Attorney; additional national qualification(s) such as German Patent Attorney/Patentassessor preferred
- Candidates with both, law firm experience and experience in a global company preferred
- Experience with agreements involving patents and related Intellectual property matters
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience highly regarded
- Fluency in German and English is required, working knowledge in Japanese preferred
- A very dynamic environment with global exposure
- An international team of experts to inspire you and to learn from
- A salary package directly linked to your work experience and responsibilities
- Use of our diverse employee offerings
- Attractive location in Hemer with immediate proximity to the Sauerland
Then we are looking forward to your application. For queries and further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.